Functions of the Board
The functions of the Pharmacy Board of Australia include:
- registering pharmacists and students
- developing standards, codes and guidelines for the pharmacy profession
- handling notifications, complaints, investigations and disciplinary hearings
- assessing overseas trained practitioners who wish to practise in Australia
- approving accreditation standards and accredited courses of study.
Our functions are supported by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). For information about legislation governing our operations see AHPRA's Legislation and Publications pages.
Pharmacy Board Committees
See Pharmacy Board Committees for information about appointed committees.
Contact the Board
Mr William Kelly, Chair
Pharmacy Board of Australia
G.P.O. Box 9958
Melbourne VIC 3001
You can use the online enquiry form to contact the board.
Read Communiqués from the Board.
Meet the Board
Meet the individual Board members.