The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) conducts oral examinations in each state and territory on behalf of the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
The number of days on which examinations will be conducted in each jurisdiction will vary. Following acceptance of the candidate's application, the examination candidate timetable detailing the time and place of their examination will be forwarded by post or email two weeks before the commencement of the examination period. Candidates are reminded that AHPRA must have correct details of their postal address and other contact details at all times.
- Applicants seeking entry to the oral examinations must meet the entry criteria as published in the Pharmacy oral examination (practice) candidate guide (202 KB, PDF), Word version (226 KB,DOCX) which are that applicants must:
have completed 75% of the 1824 approved supervised practice hours required for registration (1368 hours) prior to the commencement date of the scheduled oral examination period; and
hold a current pass in the Board’s written examination prior to the oral examination application closing date.
- Applicants who do not meet the entry criteria (criteria 1a and 1b above) by the published oral examination application closing date are ineligible to undertake that oral examination.
- Applications received from applicants who have not met the entry criteria for the oral examination by the published application closing date will not be accepted by AHPRA.
An application form for a pharmacy intern to be a candidate for the oral examination (practice) APOE-60 can be downloaded on the Forms page. This is a paper application and must be received by AHPRA by the closing date as stated.
Note there have been recent changes to postal delivery times and that normal deliveries may be delayed. Candidates are advised to mail applications early to avoid missing the closing date. Late applications will not be accepted.
The oral examination dates for 2017 are as follows and may vary from the dates previously set in 2016.
- The examination period will commence 14 February 2017 and conclude on 10 March 2017*.
- The closing date for applications remains as 30 December 2016. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The examination period will commence 13 June 2017 and conclude on 7 July 2017*.
- Applications must be received by AHPRA no later than the closing date of 21 April 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The examination period will commence 10 October 2017 and conclude on 3 November 2017*.
- Applications must be received by AHPRA no later than the closing date of 25 August 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
* Examinations will not be conducted on every day during these examination periods. The specific dates on which examinations will be conducted in each jurisdiction will be confirmed after the closing date for each examination period and detailed in timetables sent to candidates. For each examination period, a range of dates are quoted but are selected on venue hire, examiner availability and candidate numbers. Candidates should not assume that specific dates are available and should make themselves readily available for the examination period. Candidate sessions are randomly allocated and will not be changed.
To contact AHPRA Examination Officers / Examination Administrators, phone 1300 419 495.
AHPRA Examination Officers / Examination Administrators Officers
|State or territory
||AHPRA Examination Officers / Examination Administrators
|Australian Capital Territory
|New South Wales