The Board undertakes wide-ranging consultation on proposals that affect the profession.
Where there are consultations open for input, they will be shown below.
Where there are consultations which have closed, they will be shown under Past Consultations, along with the submissions that were received.
Cross-Board consultation on common guidelines and shared Code of conduct
Released: 4 April 2013
Closes: 30 May 2013
The 14 National Boards in the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme (the National Scheme) are consulting on the following proposed guidelines:
- revisions to the Guidelines for advertising (common to all National Boards)
- a Social media policy (common to all National Boards), and
- revisions to the Guidelines for mandatory notifications (common to all National Boards).
Most Boards are also consulting on a revised Code of conduct that is shared by 11 of the 14 National Boards, with some profession-specific modifications for some Boards (marked by an asterisk):
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practice Board of Australia
- Chinese Medicine Board of Australia*
- Chiropractic Board of Australia*
- Dental Board of Australia
- Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia*
- Occupational Therapy Board of Australia
- Optometry Board of Australia*
- Osteopathy Board of Australia
- Pharmacy Board of Australia*
- Physiotherapy Board of Australia, and
- Podiatry Board of Australia.
The consultation paper below includes the revised guidelines that all National Boards are consulting on, and the shared Code of conduct that the Board is consulting on.
The Boards with profession specific codes are Psychology Board of Australia, Medical Board of Australia and Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. Only the Psychology Board is consulting on its code at this time; with Nursing and Midwifery and Medicine consulting separately at a later date.
Please provide feedback by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Thursday 30 May 2013.